[AIS] Bayfield Raceweek Planning

Herb herb at eworld3.net
Wed Sep 24 14:34:04 CDT 2003

Hey,

Well, the time has come to get planning in motion for Bayfield Raceweek 2004 and we can use your help if you are interested!
This email came to you because you are now, once were, will be, or would like to be involved in helping make this the best race week ever.

Since this will be the 25th annual Bayfield Raceweek, additional complexity will be introduced but still, the goal in the planning is to divide the overall project into manageable tasks that won't overload people and to get a better handle tracking progress. The goal is to get as much done before January/February as possible so that people can better plan their race/vacation commitments for the year and so that there is not as much of a rush to get tasks done as the event draws near.

The first task is to close out the 2003 raceweek (budget, feedback, etc.). John McQuillan, Mike Spence and I plan to set a time to meet within the next week or so to do that. After we get that done (and maybe at the same meeting), we need to put together a set of goals for the 2004 event, a tentative budget and generally have a brainstorming session about how we can meet those goals.

Please let me know if you would like to come to this meeting and/or forward this email to anyone that I may have missed. Also, since this is the 25th anniversary, Raceweek was initially started by the Apostle Islands Yacht Club, and there is significant overlap in our fleets membership, we should try to make an effort to bring them in at some level of involvement. Another aspect to discuss.

That's it for now, hope to see you soon,

Herb Garcia
2004 Raceweek Chair
651-261-2072-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...