[AIS] Podcast for the Mumm 30 Fleet now available "Racer Chaser"

Jonathan McDonagh jonathan at mcdonagh.com
Wed Jun 7 09:55:01 CDT 2006

This is absolutely fascinating to listen to

Greetings;

  If you lack the time to read this whole page jump to the bottom and read
the "I don't have time for this crap summary".

  I have watched with much entertainment and chagrin at the discussions
regarding the class management. I routinely receive a newsletter and book
from the Star, Laser, j105 and J-24 class all of which i participate in. If
we will see a change remains to be seen. I have lots of input, but prefer a
receptive place to give it .

   However i also i have learned that it is far better to create something
than argue about how it is being done. This inspires people and good things
happen.

  With that in mind i created a Podcast from the last mumm 30 event in
Annapolis. I dislocated my shoulder sailing my Laser in March, and has left
me useless and rendered to the tender, albeit a comfortable one with a CD
player and bow thruster to play with.

  I purposely asked about posting this on the web site, but was told it
would need content approval from the class. Bullocks!

  So here it the unedited non-stagg approved version of what
happened.......................please read this entirely!!!!!

 Please Distribute to your list of owners and various race fans.

 Brought to you by Sputnik Racing

 Racer Chaser Podcast of the Mumm 30 Fleet  I have finished Day 1 & 2
editing and publishing...
 Right now I am posted on Apple itunes.com..if you don't have it you can
download it free...at....

 www.itunes.com
 Directions on Itunes
 On Itunes.com, download itunes so you can download and transfer to your
ipod or mp3 player  Click podcasts on the middle left menu  In the Search
box on the lower left search for Racer Chaser (or mumm  30, yachting, )  You
can Listen to it right there or you can download to your mp3 player  or Ipod
as intended...
 Please SUBSCRIBE to the podcast, this will help up our popularity  numbers
on itunes and increase traffic on the website for the class

 RSS Feed
 If you can't program your VCR (or you are adapted/wealthy/successful
enough to pay someone to do your Tech crap for you I might lose you  here,
but old dogs can learn new tricks)  RSS feeds various home pages
automatically as I add updates. If you use  Mozilla Firefox www.mozilla.com
as a web browser, it has a RSS plug in,  giving you updates as I make them.
Google also has a reader that you  can use if you use google as a hompage or
default search. Any RSS  reader will accept the magical link below.
Ultimately we will attempt  to get the Mumm 30 page updated with this link,
so whenever I do a post  it will appear. I will leave this up to the Class
to get this done as  soon as possible. The more links and downloads the more
traffic the  site gets. Next move is to change the site to something a
little more  exciting. I have a day job trying to help Bodo pay for our
sailing  habit..so for now I will stick to podcasts..I will accept donations
in  the form of good will to the class, sailing and humanity in general.

 Here is the rss feed...
 http://sputnikvdw.audioblog.com/rss/racer_chaser.xml

 This is only the beginning, I have several hours of tape I will post in
the next few days including interviews and humorous stuff that took  place
with other tenders, the race committee and being inviting to  dinner at the
White House for the Correspondence dinner on Saturday  night.

 I don't have time for this crap summary  1.Mumm 30 podcast called racer
chaser on itunes, download it  www.itunes.com, click on fancy graphic for
Racer Chaser  2. rss feed
http://sputnikvdw.audioblog.com/rss/racer_chaser.xml
 3. More content to follow in the next few days, subscribe, this will
increase site traffic and ratings for the mumm 30 class  4. Try to actually
get something done at work today besides planning  your next regatta  5.
contact author at sputnikvdw at gmail.com
  6. Day 3 is better than Day 2 and 1, will follow shortly after I transfer
files...

 Nick von der Wense
 Mumm 30 Turbo Duck
 "Racer Chaser"