[AIS] Take your kids xc skiing?

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Dec 2 22:01:01 UTC 2008

Hey everyone,

I try to avoid being a little league parent at sailing, but it's hopeless with xc skiing.

Registration for MN Youth Ski League is now open for the winter. If you'd like your kids to do some xc skiing, this is a great program.

Programs vary from one xc ski area to the next, but typically programs are a few hours long one day per week, parents can be involved or not, and cost is around $25 per kid for the winter.  Classes are organized by skill, so your kids will fit in if they are shufflers or high speed skaters. Ages range from 4 (we snuck Avalon in at 3) to 16. These are not racing classes, although it's a great base to start with if your kids eventually go that direction.

Basically it's a fun couple hours with the kids. We bring a lunch and do it as a family at Baker Park on Sunday afternoons in January and February.

If you have kids and would like to join, we'd love to see you out there. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
dallas johnson
952-935-3465

MN Youth XC Ski League info and registration:
http://www.mysl.org/clubs

Three Rivers Used XC Ski Sale December 13th.
http://www.threeriversparkdistrict.org:80/news/news_detail_special.cfm?&id=2739&action=View&startrow=5