[AIS] 49er Olympic hopefuls need our help

Pete Shelquist Hotmail pete.shelquist at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 15:53:25 CST 2015

49er-9845-e1419187534691.jpg

Attention AIS Members!

49er Olympic hopeful, Dan Morris, the son of AIYC member Gail Morris
(Boomerang) together with teammate Dave Liebenberg are today kicking off a
grueling 4 week, 3 regatta schedule starting with the 49er Midwinters,
continuing with the Miami Sailing World Cup and finally the North American
Championships.   Strong performance in these regattas will help them get to
the next phase of their Olympic campaign with a series of regattas in Europe
this summer.

There are multiple avenues to help you track their progress.  Check out
their Face Book page and website links below:

https://www.facebook.com/LiebenbergMorrisOlympicSailing

http://www.olympicsailing.org/

It's incredibly exciting to see a sailor with roots in our area, and with so
much enthusiasm and passion, reach this level competition.  I would like to
personally ask you to take a minute to review their website and note the
need for our support.  A campaign like this is brutal - physically and
financially.  Please donate and help these guys get to the next level.

49er-97483-e1418393329179.jpg