[AIS] Bayfield Race Week and Apostle Islands Station Sailboat Racing Update

AIS Fleet WYC bayfieldraceweek at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:45:52 CDT 2020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 6th, 2020
Contact: Jim Vaudreuil
715-855-6203 Jimv at huebsch-services.com

Bayfield Race Week and Apostle Islands Station Sailboat Racing Update

Organizers for Bayfield Race Week recently met to consider options for the upcoming 2020 sailboat racing season. Racing for the Memorial Day weekend racing has been officially postponed until later this summer. Plans for our major Race Week regatta and the Around the Islands race over the July 4th holiday week will be announced during the last week of May.

Realistically, there's a good chance the regatta could be canceled.  All options are being considered to enable us to continue our tradition in one form or another this July. Safety is always a key element of sailing, and we will do everything we can to adapt to the current COVID situation and abide by Wisconsin’s then current “Stay at home” and “social distancing” requirements.

We welcome ideas from our fellow Race Week competitors about how to re-envision our social and racing programs for the 2020 race week to be held June 27 - July 3. Please email your thoughts and ideas to Race Week Chairman Jonathan McDonagh at Jonathan at McDonagh.com.  We encourage our Race Week friends to go ahead and register online if you hope to attend Race Week this summer. This helps us greatly with planning in these uncertain times. In the event of cancellation we will offer full refunds.

Sincerely,

Jim Vaudreuil
Fleet Captain
Apostle Islands Station Sailboat Racing

Around The Islands Registration: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=11868

Bayfield Race Week Registration: https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eid=11869
Note: In the event of cancellation, all entries will be refunded.