[AIS] MOB/COB demo @ WYC 6/13.

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Fri May 14 07:20:02 CDT 2021

All. AIS has a well developed safety culture that includes regular practice. Earlier this year, I committed the AIS fleet to host an event to demonstrate and practice Crew Overboard recovery techniques.  We hosted something similar a few years ago that was well received. I’m looking for a few volunteers to help with this event on the morning of 6/13 (0945-1130)

Format:
Brief chalk talk on the patio
Rig boats and make ready
Volunteer boat demonstrate recovery techniques, with VHF commentary for participants
Self directed practice for participants. Recover fenders, not people!
Return to WYC in time for Sunday afternoon race docktime.

Volunteers needed as follows:
Three/four crew to demonstrate. Either with own boat, or use RedCoat.
One volunteer to drive a chase/safety boat.
I’ll coordinate the chalk talk and commentary.

This is an important activity to promote good seamanship at WYC.

Please reply to this email if you're willing to share your skills and knowledge.

Thanks,  Andy