[Capri25]CAPRI 25 MAST ANGLE

John Hale sailfast at optonline.net
Tue Jul 29 02:20:28 CDT 2003

I recently bought a Capri 25 that has the mast swept back about 7 degrees (15" head stay extention).  I was told by the previous owner that this is faster upwind and a little slower downwind. I live and race in Connecticut, but I need your advice.  Is this really better or should I move the mast back to vertical?  I think maybe it creates too much weather helm.

My e-mail address is:  sailfast at optonline.net
My phone number is:  203-378-8652,  you can call me collect.
If you are willing, give me your phone number.

I would greatly appreciate any advice I can get from an experienced Capri 25 racer.

Thank you,
John Hale

If I am not home when called, my wife "Anneliese" races with me and could take the advice.