[Capri25]Time to get serious.

Rod Sherwin sherwinr at swbell.net
Tue Aug 23 13:47:33 CDT 2005

Karen,

Is it possible to impose on you again in order to acquire a couple of shirts and hats?  You wouldn't believe how popular they are when wearing them in Oklahoma.  I will happily pay the freight, etc.

Let me know and I will make arrangements with you off the board.

thanks

rod sherwin
windycrest sailing club
lake keystone, oklahoma

Dutch Bull <dbull at versaim.com> wrote:

Two and a half weeks till regatta time. The trophies arrived from Australia today. The registration form Wee Beestie (212) arrived today from Toronto, Canada. You have a week to get registered before the price goes up. I will be accepting registrations this Thursday and next Sunday at the dock party. Come one, come all. Another great regatta is planned.

There are a few details which need extra help to complete.

1) Bob Carpenter has agreed to take charge of registration, but needs a couple of helpers Thursday afternoon and again first thing Friday morning. See Bob on Jalapeno to volunteer.

2) Jill Bull is once again feeding the masses in the evenings. She is in need of volunteers to help cook and serve. Most importantly she needs a couple helpers Saturday afternoon while everyone is out sailing. To help see Jill at the dock party or talk to me. James Schwinghammer on Quick Draw has agreed to head up the grill team. We need grillers Friday night, Saturday night and again on Sunday afternoon. See James to sign up.

2.5) Carmella Zagone has agreed to serve breakfast all three days and needs help. See Carmella to sign up.

3) Mark Weum and Pete Willenbring have put together a great raffle, but they need help selling ticket. See them if you willing to help out. If you have contacts with people that can give to the raffle or might want to be a sponsor, contact Mark, Pete or me.

4) Karen Onan Virga has the shirts and hats ready to sell. We are looking for people to help sell. If you are willing to help out, see Doug Dickerson. We need people to sell on Sunday at the dock party and again during the regatta.

Step up and help out to make this the kind of regatta only the Capri fleet can put on. By the way, the band that played last year and had the place jumping willbe back again this year and have been scheduled for three hours and are bring a fiddle player to boot. Expect the best darn party of the year Saturday night.

Be sure your boat is in order. The regatta committee has agreed the top couple of boats along with a couple choosen a random will be inspected after docking each day. This will be a quick check to make sure cushions or weights are in place. Do you have an acceptable porta potty or fitted bucket? What qualifies as a fitted bucket? Are all your sails that need measured, measured? Are your outboard, battery, anchor etc. up to requirements? If your not sure, check with someone on the rules committee to be sure.

Dutch Bull
Versa Iron & Machine
Dbull at versaco.com
Ph: 651-778-3338