[Capri25]Capri Nationals Tune up

Dan McNamara (home) mcnamara at visi.com
Thu Aug 25 13:56:54 CDT 2005

Capri Nationals Tune up.

If you or your crew would like to work on starts, roundings, and boat to
boat tactics as well as a better understanding of the rules, Join us for
Wednesday night match racing.

Hear is the plan:

Meet at the club.

6 pm to 6:30:  We will go over the rules, divide up into teams and then go
out to the boats.

6:30 till dark:  we will get in as many W/L 1 as we can.  It will be a short
course with a midline start and finish.  Each race will take about 20-30
minutes.  The focus is the start, mark roundings, boat to boat tactics and
crew work.

After the boats get put away we will do a debrief at the club.

We will have experienced match racers to put on your boat to help you with
rules.  As well as a coach boat giving you on the water tips.

Boat owners:  If you are interested, please email me (McNamara at visi.com).
It would be great if your full crew could be there but even if it is just
you and your boat you will get value out of it.  I recommend that you use
your old sails (boat speed will not be an issue, most of the time we use a
#3 head sail).

Capri crew:  If you can't convince your skipper to take the boat out, let me
know you are still welcome.

Match race regulars:  If you know some one in the Capri fleet talk it up and
get them to come out.

Every one:  If you are planning to participate email me.

Thank you,

Dan McNamara

2004 Richardson Cup Participant

2005 Foredeck/Tactician on Sundays Consensus (second in the Champ Series)