[Capri25]Feedback regarding capri25.org

Eric Roubal ERoubal at DigitalRiver.com
Fri Aug 26 15:37:59 CDT 2005

I've been talking with Chris McKillip the new owner of capri25.com (the
previous owner was that strange guy from HoundDog Hosting).   He talked
a little about the capri25.org site:

	What happened to the National site anyway. I read that the
members didn't want to support
	the funds to keep it up just because it was there to promote the
Nationals, and there wasn't
	enough outside people coming to the regatta.

	I understand from being the OUTSIDER, that most of you all talk
on the docks or in the clubhouse
	after the races about the setups and the problems that happen
with these boats. I sure would like for the
	WYC people to set forward with talking about there boats. I
really enjoyed the National site, I wish that
	Catalina would have put you all in a National Association, and
put you all on the Catalina Web site. It's
	kind of like owning a ghost ship, Everyone knows about it, but
know one talks. As for the Capri25.com site
	I guess I got lucky with buying it. If WYC's members would all
come together with the rest of us out here
	it would be a great thing to have. I myself have spent allot of
time putting all of this stuff together, and I would
	really like for everyone to come to a central place to talk
about their boats. I am all for making Capri25 an
	open site to anyone, right now it's just my sailboat, and some
details from Catalina. I really liked the forum
	that you set up, Its a shame that no one used it, well I did.
Pass the info around WYC and see what there
	thoughts are on the subject. I am the webmaster at Windycrest.
com a sailing club here in Oklahoma. We
	now have 7 Capri 25's that sail in our fleet. I am guessing that
we are the second largest fleet of Capri 25's to
	you all. I will be happy to pay for the site as long as I own my
boat, and if I would ever sell it, I would pass the
	ball and chain to someone else. We have over 50 members now on
the Yahoo site, most of them are outside
	of WYC but we do have some WYC members active in the group.
PLEASE SIGN UP to the group, It would be
	nice to talk with you about the possibilities of creating a
National Site again. And we have good topics about
	setup, and trim.