[Capri25]June 19th -- Practice After Noon

Mark.Hammett Mark.Hammett at target.com
Mon Jun 13 17:01:18 CDT 2005

Greetings Capri 25 Skippers and Crew,

I'm setting a windward/leeward course in Wayzata Bay, for practice in
the northwest area of the bay (depending on wind direction).  Keep in
mind the Jr. Oly's are going on Sunday too, but I'll be sure my two
practice marks are well clear of their racing area.

Just head toward the Wayzata city marina and look for the two 2-foot
diameter bright-orange buoys about 300 yards apart.  For those not
familiar with practice drills this is a good distance to work downhill
with a bare away or jibe set, two-three jibes, and a takedown; followed
by three to four tacks back upwind.   You can practice your tactical or
seaman-like rounding both upwind and downwind and tune your boat while
sailing with your competitors, side-by-side.

The fun starts at 1:30 !!!!

See you out there,

Mark Hammett

Capri 25 #370