[Capri25]capri25.net

Smith, Craig A (MN14) Craig.A.Smith at honeywell.com
Tue May 17 08:52:02 CDT 2005

How about a compromise?

Rather than shut it down and abandon existing users, why not point the
domain(s) to the WYC Capri25 pages?  This would preserve the value of the
domains, garner traffic for WYC, and cost nothing (other than $8/yr for the
domain).

In other words, all the files at http://www.wyc.org/capri25/
<http://www.wyc.org/capri25/>  would also appear at www.capri25national.org
<http://www.capri25national.org>

This employs a webserver trick (virtualhosts) so the McDonagh's (who
subsidize hosting of wyc.org) would need to make a minor change to their
server's configuration, and the domain owner (Eric?) would have to update
DNS to point to the McDonagh server.

== Craig A. Smith  <mailto:craig.a.smith at honeywell.com>
mailto:craig.a.smith at honeywell.com
  Principal Web Strategist, Honeywell Solid State Electronics Center
<http://www.ssec.honeywell.com/> http://www.ssec.honeywell.com/
  Office 763-954-2895 Cell 612.518.2200 FAX 763-954-2313

  _____