[Capri25]Fw: Match racing tonight! (here's a draft for you)

Dan McNamara (home) mcnamara at visi.com
Wed Sep 7 13:07:41 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean A. Hendrickson
To: Dan McNamara
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 12:35 PM
Subject: Match racing tonight! (here's a draft for you)

Get on your game face... tonight we are going to rip it up on Capri 25's... this is a great opportunity to get some new blood into the Match racing program.

The plan is: we will have our expericened match skippers steering a boat with that boats "team". this is an awesome way for those Capri sailors to get some hand to hand combat and improve boat handling skills and close quarters rules.

If we have a run over of people we can rotate and or take the 22's out.....

I am thinking that we will sail short W1's so the teams can do some sets, jibes, and takedowns, but I plan on making it quick robins.

Let's meet a little before 6 if possible, and get out ASAP!  we have untill 7:40 ish for decent light.
If your Carpi teams can meet before and get your boat ready and out on the bay, even better, more time to practice.

I will be on the coach boat with the marks, whistle and my notepad.

This promises to be a fun night with lots of new people to see what match racing is all about!!

Thanks again for coming out!

call me or Dan with any questions

seanman
612-325-1954