[Capri25] The www.steadycrew.com website

Michael Georgia mike at compu-r-us.com
Thu Jul 27 17:12:40 CDT 2006

Hello All,

I got your e-mail address by going to
http://www.ussailing.org/csa/Areas_
<http://www.ussailing.org/csa/Areas_&_Regions/index.htm>
&_Regions/index.htm and then going to the Lake Superior Yachting
Association at http://lsya.org/ <http://www.lmsrf.org/> , and then going
to each Yacht Clubs website that is a member.  So if you are receiving
this e-mail its because I am trying to contact the right people at each
of your Yacht Clubs and your e-mail address is listed on your yacht
clubs website, sorry if this is an intrusion for you.

I am a Yacht Racer out of Southern California, specifically Santa Monica
Bay and I sail out of the Santa Monica Windjammers Yacht Club
(www.smwyc.org <http://www.smwyc.org/> ).  My name is Michael L. Georgia
my phone number is 818 209 4967 if you want to phone me, and you can
just reply to this e-mail I am sending you if you want to contact me via
e-mail.

Any way the reason for this e-mail that I am sending you is to inform
you that I have created a website that promises to get racing skippers
all the racing crew they could ever need or want.  The name of the
website is www.steadycrew.com <http://www.steadycrew.com/>  .

I originally created the site just for Santa Monica Bay, and then I
expanded it to all of Southern California, and now I have expanded it to
the entire United States.

How it works is it organizes Skippers that need crew and then Crew that
need a ride, by Geographic Areas and then specific Harbor areas.   Each
Harbor Area has the ability to suggest races that then go to that
Harbors "Home Port Calendar" on the site.  When a skipper comes and says
he/she needs a crew person in this harbor, on this race date (from the
"Home Port Calendar"), they are presented with a list of crew that also
have come to the site and said they were available to crew on that date
in that harbor area.  You can sort the names by the names of the
positions on the boat (who has what skill), you can look over the crew
persons resume and then you can call them or e-mail them.  When the
skipper came to the site and started to look for crew they also told the
website that there was a position open on their boat and so now crew
members that come looking for a skipper on that date in that harbor will
now see a list of skippers that need crew, and the crew can look over
your resume as well to see who has the faster more competitive boat or
who is in the cruising fleet and doesn't mind teaching a newbie

I have already advertised in your area and the site is already brimming
with crew that need rides.  What the site does not have is a lot of
skippers yet, and no one has come and helped out with suggesting races
for your Harbor areas race calendar.

Please come and take a look at my hard work, tell me what needs to be
fixed or what you don't like about the site.

Mike Georgia
www.steadycrew.com <http://www.steadycrew.com/>
818 209 4978
mike at compu-r-us.com