[Capri25] X-Country Skiing for Kids

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed Nov 1 09:15:25 CST 2006

Hey everyone,

I'm a big fan of x-country skiing, but more importantly it's a basic life skill in Minnesota.

Amy and I did the Minnesota Youth Ski League last winter and loved it. With kids as young as ours (4-5) one of us "skis" with them during class while the other gets to do some regular skiing. We're at the Baker program, but there are programs at most the x-country ski areas in the twin cities.

Classes are structured to the age group. Young kids play alot of games and older kids do some real skiing. I think most classes are Sunday afternoon. Schedule runs through January and February. Parents can be plodders or racers, all welcome.

It's super fun, super easy, inexpensive, and a great experience for the kids.

Key information:
  a.. http://mysl.org/  (website)
  b.. http://mysl.org/myslbaker.html    (Baker Park Club)
  c.. http://mysl.org/skiswap.html   (youth ski swap November 18th)
If you have questions, please give me a call at 952-935-3465.