[Capri25] FW: 2007 Capri Regatta Update

Dutch Bull DBull at Northernim.com
Sun Aug 19 13:27:58 UTC 2007

2007 Capri Regatta Update

Time is getting near so let's pull it together and have another great regatta. We will be cutting costs a bit to make it all fit, but I don't think anyone will notice. Lew Sacks, our beloved fleet captain, has agreed to help on the committee boats along with others he will recruit to keep costs down. I ordered the trophies today and only went 5 deep, so you will have to work twice as hard to take one home. The rest comes from all of you. We need to have a good, well supported raffle to bring this regatta in on budget. That means getting out there and finding good sponsors to donate to the raffle. If you have something you can donate or know someone who does, let Pete Willenbring or Mark Weum know what your planning and git er done........ If anyone knows someone who would benefit from sponsoring the rum party Saturday or the beer for the weekend, let me know. Then support the raffle by buying tickets during the regatta. The Saturday night party will be great as always. Sweet African Country Music will be back to play for us and it looks like Connie will be feeding you one of the great dinners she has been famous for on Thursday nights. Don't miss it.

I heard from a boat from Green Bay that is 90% certain they will be joining us for the regatta so be sure to welcome them, even if they are wearing cheesehead, This is their first year of ownership so give them your best ideas before they kick your tail...........

Go to our web site and download the notice of race and the registration form. If you are planning on attending, please register early so we know how many to plan on. If you are not racing, please let me know as well. If you need crew to make it happen, please don't let that stop you from participating. Let us know what your crew needs are and we will work to help fill your openings. If you want to race and don't have a boat, let me know and we will try to get you a ride. It would be great to see 25 boats out there to make this one of the best darn one design club regattas anywhere. Don't miss out.

Dutch Bull
Regatta Chairman
dbull at northernim.com
home 651-730-4450
work 651-778-3338

 PS: If you don't have a GPS to be a part of Kattack, think about getting one. It is a lot of fun and very educational. It would be even more so if all the boats in the fleet participated. It's simple to do, just turn the unit on, sail the race, then turn it in at the club after the race. It only take a couple minutes and the rewards for everyone are great. We will try to get units for the regatta for those who don't have them.