[Capri25] New owners

Jim Carlsen Jim at carlsenassociates.com
Fri Jul 27 16:32:00 UTC 2007

          We're a group of 4 enthusiastic sailors who just recently
purchased Lakota 2 a Capri 25 #279  located on Clear Lake in Northern
California. We are going to use the boat for both cruising and PHRF
racing in our local club (Konocti Bay Sailing Club) We are the only
Capri 25 but will be racing against J 24's, Merit 25, Olson 25, and
some Capri 26's as well as a fleet of Catalina 25's.
         The boat came with a 130% genoa on a roller furler and a
decent but fairly flat main. We also have all the spinnaker gear but,
unfortunately, no spinnaker. If any of you fellow Capri 25 owners
have some acceptable racing sails (155%, 110% headsails, good
mainsail and ,most importantly a spinnaker) collecting dust please E
Mail us at Jim at carlsenassociates.com
         We are enjoying the boat and are trying to figure out why
Catalina would not have continued construction of such a good design.

Jim Carlsen
Lakota 2