[Capri25] J 24 North Americans...Let's help out the J 24 Fleet

Lewis Sacks sacks2000 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 23:47:02 UTC 2008

All,

As you all know, WYC is hosting the J24 North Americans from September 7 to September 12, 2008.  As we did for the J22's in 2006, we've again been asked to give up our slips and move over to Shorewood YC for that week (plus most likely a couple days at either end).

I can't think of a good reason why we wouldn't want to help the 24's out, can you?  (Think of the party we can have at Shorewood.)

If there's no outpouring of "hell no, we won't go" in the next few days, I'll let Tom Verburgt (Kattack) know we'll be happy to help them out.  (He already knows there are strings attached.  We ain't doin' this for nothin'!!!).

Oh, by the way, it appears they must wet sail their boats for the regatta so will not be able to use their lifts... of which there are about 12.  Dutch and I will see if we can put "Magic" on Tom's lift without all kinds of adjustments (to the lift, not to Magic).  If that works we'll have a local home for a few boats.  We'll keep you informed.

Thanks to all.

Lew Sacks