[Capri25] Update on Rails

Odell Tuttle otuttle at gmail.com
Tue May 6 20:17:28 UTC 2008

I wanted to send a quick update to those of you awaiting Capri 25 rails.

Unfortunately, the units that I ordered arrived, but are defective.  The bow
rails were constructed several inches too large, and stern rails a
few inches too small.  The folks at Ross Wheel Service were quite
embarrassed to see that neither of the templates in their shop matched the
newly-manufactured rails.  This is very frustrating to all of us who are
awaiting new equipment.

The bow rails can be modified to match the necessary design, but the stern
rails will likely need to be re-built from scratch.

I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Thanks,
Odell

--