[Capri25] outboard

Matt McCarroll matt.mccarroll at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:18:59 CDT 2009

Capri 25 sailors,

I am in need for an outboard for my capri 25 and am looking for
suggestions.  In particular, what HP seems appropriate and what length
shaft.  I had a 4 hp mariner that I sold with another boat.  It worked
ok, but did cavitate if I went forward or was in any decent chop.  It
would push the boat at hull speed, but it essentially took full
throttle.  I am actually not sure what length shaft it was now that it
is gone.  Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt