[Capri25] Academy Awards party at WYC clubhouse

Kathie Wright kathie952 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 13:11:44 CST 2010

Ahoy WYC sailors, here is the information on my Academy Awards party on March 7th at WYC. It should be a good time and another excuse to dig out your fancy attire from the banquet.

GLAM 7            Academy Awards Party

March 7th
Your Hostess: Kathie Wright

Movie in the afternoon----Party in the evening

Sunday afternoon movie
Clubhouse  Theater:           A Serious Man            Showing at 3:00
Nominated for 2 Oscars including Best Picture. A movie produced by the Twin Cities own Coen Brothers. Filmed in Minneapolis, the story takes place in the 1960’s about the life of a Jewish man. In typical quirky Coen Brothers style, this movie is both funny & sad.

Afternoon attire is casual.  Popcorn, Milk Duds etc..

Evening party 6:30 (Awards show starts at 7:00)
Gentlemen-ties please (every girl’s crazy bout a sharp dressed man)
Ladies-GLAM IT UP (there will be a red carpet)

If you desire, bring a food item to share to compliment the food I prepare.
I will provide wine, and “Oscartini’s”.  Of course you may bring your own beverage of choice.

The address is:
Wayzata Yacht Club
Address: 1100 East County Road 16, Wayzata, MN 55391

Directions: just ignore this~~~you know your way here blindfolded!

1.	Take Hwy 12 (a.k.a. I-394) west of I-494 to Hwy 101 South (about one mile).
2.	Follow 101 South to your second stop light at Co Rd 16 (a.k.a.  McGinty road or Eastman lane)~~approx one  mile
3.	Turn right on Co Rd 16.
4.	The clubhouse is in 1 block on the left side. The parking lot is past the building on the west side, also on the left side. If you see a sign that says “Wayzata Yacht Club parking only”; you are in the right place.
FFI: You may go the Wayzata Yacht Club website, which is www.wyc.org
If lost or need to reach me, my cell phone is 612-889-0838

Hope you can make it!!