[Capri25] Need suggestion for cockpit drain plug

Glenn Selvin ghselvin at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 28 21:50:01 CST 2010

Another suggestion?  We mounted a small, plastic horn cleat aft of the rudder post, screwed to the floor.  Cut a tennis ball in half.  Take a piece of shock cord, put a knot in one end, pass the shock cord through the halved tennis ball, through the transom "drain", back through the other halved tennis ball, then another knot.

Flip the shock cord over that floor mounted horn cleat, and the tennis balls are snug, covering the transom "drains.". Flip the shock cord off the horn cleat when you're back on your trailer, and the tennis balls dangle, allowing the cockpit to drain when you rinse the boat down.

Suicidal Bird
Long Beach, Ca.