[Capri25] Notice: Rumble in the Bay

Odell Tuttle otuttle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:26:18 CDT 2010

PLEASE NOTE: There will be no Capri 25 main-lake start for the G-Series #7 -
next Thursday (6/24).

Instead, we will be racing the *Rumble in the Bay* in Wayzata Bay.

*The Particulars:*

   - The racing will also start a half-hour earlier (5:45) since we have a
   shorter commute.
   - The Shorewood Yacht Club RC will run the race for us.
   - We'll race as many races as we can fit in - probably 4-6 (depending on
   wind).
   - The courses will be announced on the water, but will likely be a simple
   modified W1.
   - All of the normal Capri 25, WYC, and RRS rules are in force.
   - There will be only one fleet start (Capri 25), and the sequence will be
   Warning-Prep-Start, on three minute intervals.  Each subsequent race will
   have the same sequence.
   - Pete Ice is the sponsor for this event, and will be providing food,
   awards, and bad humor.
   - Remember to bring your radio, and tune to channel 16.
   - Horns, not cannons.
   - The smack-talk and side bets have already started, and are also
   highly-encouraged.

*Finally:*

   - This is *the *2010 Capri25-only event, so please make your best effort
   to get the team together and get on the water.  Any Capri's left sitting in
   the slip will be used as trash cans. ;-)
   - We're not filing the official special rule changes to support this
   race, so I would appreciate a positive acknowledgement from all of you that
   you do not object to this format (a simple email would suffice).  That being
   said... this is NOT a leisure cruise!  I expect it to be full-on competitive
   racing!  ...and it will count as your #7 G-Series race score.

See ya there!

Thanks,
OT

--