[Capri25] Catalina/Capri-25 Nationals

John Speltz johnspeltz at comcast.net
Fri Apr 8 13:18:09 CDT 2011

Ahoy to the WYC Catalina/Capri-25 Fleet,

Odell Tuttle, Mark Hammett, and I have been working on the Catalina/Capri-25
Nationals.

We all are excited about WYC hosting 2011 Nationals this year.  It is
already the time of year to ask for volunteers.

We have been contacted by Russ Johnson, the commodore of the Catalina-25/250
and Capri-25 International Association

There are a few areas where we need your help.

WYC National's Measurer

This person will be the contact for measurement rules and procedures for the
national regatta in September.

Association Capri-25 Measurer

This person will be the contact for Capri-25 measurement rules and
procedures for the association nationwide.  In practice, this means
responding to emails from Capri-25 sailors who may have measurement
questions.  The measurer can also propose changes to the Capri-25 class
rules, if necessary.  Class rules are typically reviewed and updated when
U.S. Sailing updates the racing rules of sailing every 4 years.  Currently,
the association does not have a Capri-25 Measurer, so this position is open
immediately.

Association Capri-25 Mainsheet Technical Editor

This person will be the contact for Capri-25 Technical Articles for the
Catalina's Mainsheet quarterly magazine.  The Mainsheet magazine is
distributed to all Catalina members from all associations (from Catalina-470
to Coronado-15).  The Capri-25 editor will review articles from Capri-25
owners and upload them to the publisher's website.  Currently, the
association does not have a Capri-25 editor, so this position is open
immediately.

WYC has the largest fleet of Capri-25 owners; therefore, the association
needs your help in assisting other Capri-25 owners during the 2011 Nationals
on Lake Minnetonka.

Please contact Russ, Odell, Mark, myself if you have any questions.

Russ' email is  <mailto:commodore at catalina-capri-25s.org>
commodore at catalina-capri-25s.org

Thanks, John