[Capri25] Apostle Island sailing Opportunity

Holden, Paul pholden at Minntech.com
Tue May 24 11:45:19 CDT 2011

I am re-sending this without photos and links because it appears it did
not get forwarded on the first try.  Paul Holden

To my WYC and Capri 25 sailing friends, from Paul Holden:

Below is an opportunity to sail on a (2004) 39 foot Beneteau 393 in the
Apostle Islands near Bayfield Wisconsin on June 9 - 12 (A 3 day sail).

Sharon and I had committed to sail with Gary Davidson, Bob, and Karen,
but can no longer make the trip.  One other person also backed out.
Gary is looking for 2-5 people for crew.  This boat is HUGE, with 2
heads, and 3 births, plus additional sleeping on the settee.  It sails
and handles wonderfully, and has a furling jib and a furling main!  But
don't let that fool you she is fast and comfortable and easy to sail.
Obviously the Apostle Islands are beautiful, and rowing the dingy into
the caves at Devils island is lifetime experience!

If someone can take our place, Gary will be much appreciative!

Below is the information from Gary.  Please let Gary know if you are
interested.  The date is only a few weeks away.  Gary's cell is
612-987-5696.   Thanks.  Paul Holden (My cell is 612-414-3076).

I have booked Oasis (formally Jama2) for June 9 - 12 (A 3 day sail)

Weekend before Fathers Day.

(Search for Oasis at superiorcharters dot com)

Planned schedule:

*     Board Thursday afternoon / evening at Superior Charters near Bay
Field, WI.

*     Dine out in Bayfield on Thursday evening.

*     Set sail Friday morning.

*     Return to the marina at 4PM Sunday to clean up the boat and travel
back home.

We will cook meals on the boat with the food we bring. I'll organize who
should bring what so we do not have too much food.

One goal will be to get out to the caves on Devils Island if we can and
we will get in some island hiking.

Everyone should get time at the helm.

Cost is reduced to $1525.05 with $37/day Yacht Damage Waiver included.

(This is a price reduction, plus the owner requested 2 day and 3 day
rates to be the same, plus we are on preseason discount)

So depending on how many we have on board, the cost for the trip per
person will be as follows:

*     5 people = 305.01 each

*     6 people = 254.17 each

*     7 people = 217.86 each

*     8 people = 190.63 each

This communication (including any attachments) is intended only for use
by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication
(or attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and permanently delete the
communication and any attachments from your system.