[Capri25] Regatta reminders

Odell Tuttle otuttle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:44:04 CDT 2011

Instead of answering individual questions that I've been getting, I thought
I'd send this note.  I'll keep it brief:

   - 28 boats, so far.  Two fleets (23 Capri's and 5 Catalina's).
   - Collecting final registration forms Thursday night and Friday morning.
    This includes assigning PHRF ratings for Catalina's.
   - Must declare named crew for each day.  Changes (e.g., due to
   uncontrollable events) must be approved.
   - Friday 8:30am competitor meeting in the club house.  Please attend,
   you'll need information from this meeting.
   - Sailing Instructions have had recent updates.  They're available
   online, and hard-copies will be provided in skipper bags.
   - Races will be 4 Fri, 4 Sat, 2 Sun.  May change to 3 on Sat if we do
   medium distance.
   - Friday post-race grill food is free, Saturday night dinner wrist bands
   are $10.00/each (4 will be provided per boat in skipper bags).
   - Pack lunches for Fri and Sat.  We decided not to provide lunches.
   - Live music both Friday and Saturday nights.
   - Many items will be raffled Saturday night.
   - Bring Kattack GPS if you have one.  If you don't have one, you will be
   given one.  Kattack is required for this regatta.
   - Must be in good standing with Catalina National Association and WYC
   Capri 25 fleet.  We will be checking.  We can do this "on the fly" Thurs or
   Fri over the internet.  Everyone races, so if you haven't paid, I will pay
   for you ...and then make you feel really guilty.  ;-)
   - Must have boat insurance and necessary safety equipment (life jackets,
   etc.)  We may check.
   - There will be excellent keeper trophies as well as Catalina National's
   traveling trophies.
   - We can still use volunteers, so please contact me or Carmella.
   - There are still boats looking for crew, and crew looking for rides.
    Yes, that seems odd, but it's true.  If you would like to be married up,
   please contact me or Dan McNamara.
   - We're hoping the t-shirts will be ready, but I forgot to place the
   order, so Darin will be stumbling over the finish line.  ...stay tuned.
   - Could still use a volunteer photographer.
   - Pray for wind.
   - Website: http://www.wyc.org/capri25/2011NationalRegatta.aspx<http://www.wyc.org/capri25/2011NationalRegatta.aspx>

See you out there!

Thanks,