[Capri25] Very sad news from CC

John Speltz johnspeltz at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 13:06:29 CDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

It is with great regret that I share with you the news that CC's (Carmen E.
Velarde) father, Edward M. Velarde passed away from a massive heart attack
at 8:30 p.m. Thursday evening (September 22nd).

This was very much unexpected and the family is shocked by the news.  His
burial was at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, September 24th in La Paz, Bolivia; the
place where her father is from.

CC and her brother, Jaime E. Velarde (lives in Minitrista, MN) are
considering visiting their father's burial site sometime within the year.

Some of you may have met Edward Velarde a few years ago when he visited WYC.
CC's father was a very learned, witty and caring man.  He was very proud of
his children and supported them in all their accomplishments.  CC's father
was her last living parent and, her and her brother will miss him immensely.

Please keep our fellow sailor and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you,

John Speltz

Capri Fleet Captain