[Capri25] Looking for a Capri 25 Information Source

Patrick Nowak pnowak342 at att.net
Thu Feb 9 21:09:25 CST 2012

I will be purchasing a Capri 25 later this month and am wondering if there is a collection of tuning tips, performance suggestions, and anecdotal information in one or more printed or online source locations that one can either purchase or acquire by some legitimate means.  Or, does one just go through the archives and glean what one can?

Heretofore I have been racing, in reverse chronological order, an Alerion Express 33, an Alerion Express 28, and a Colgate 26 with a fair amount of success, winning 5 of 9 races in one of the JAM classes in the AE 33 this last season.

I will still employ the AE 33 in our captained charter business, Nancy Anne Sailing Charters LLC, in Holland, MI but after a number of close calls last season and one minor impact with a J/27, I've decided to just use the AE for the day sailing charters and use the Capri 25 for the Wednesday night skirmishes.  The Bayshore Yacht Club Summer Series on Lake Michigan off of the Holland pier heads, will often have 40 boats of different sizes and skill levels on the course at the same time, making for some interesting mark roundings.

We have been very fortunate in the quality of our personnel, which I posit is the biggest single determinate in finishing at or near the front.   Hopefully they will be able to sail as well in one of the spinnaker divisions as most of them have had plenty of spinnaker experience, particularly back in our Colgate 26 days.  It does seem to take us a season to figure out what a "new" boat likes and I'm hoping to shorten that.

Any suggestions of information sources for the Capri 25 would be appreciated.

Regards.

Pat Nowak
Holland, MI
www.nancyannesailingcharters.com