[Capri25] Capri 25 Harvest Moon Cup - Night Race 2012

Bert Foster bert at apexq.com
Fri Feb 10 17:13:20 CST 2012

Hi All,

Some additional things we talked about.  As it is a Fleet event, the
following WYC RC policies apply:

1.

	The WYC Race Committee will at the request of the fleet supply both
the RC boats and profissional Race Officers to run the event under sailing
instructions supplied by the fleet and reviewed by the RC chair.  The fleet
will be billed for the Race officers and fuel.  This plan could be as little
as one WYC PRO and two volunteers supplied by the fleet.
2.

	The Fleet could run the event with all volunteers and no paid staff
provided they have a qualified boat driver approved by the RC.
3.

	The Fleet could run the event with their own volunteer committee
boat and could use the WYC buoys and flags

Note:

1.

	I don't think the WYC committee boats have night operating lights,
but I'm not sure.  They are hard to maintain.
2.

	We talked about lighted race marks.  I think the clever people in
the Fleet could figure this out.  It would be nice to use Government
Navigation marks, but they might be in water too shallow for the Capri 25 to
round.
3.

	In running a professional night race, like they run in Lake
Superior, you want to have RC boats at each buoy with very bright spot
lights to record all boats rounding the mark as it is easy for a race boat
to miss a mark at night and not be seen.

The WYC RC has not run "professional night races".  We have only done some
casual, "not hard core" races.

The RC is hewre to serve the Fleets.

Regards,

Bert Foster