[Capri25] the only reason the rest of the club puts up with the Capri's

capri Sailor capri25wyc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 23:17:04 CDT 2012

Tonight after the race that should have been, it came to my attention that
the Start of the North Regatta is a Sonar event where the only value the
Capri's bring is the boats that pay the entry fee and provide the funds for
the Sonars to run it the way they want.  This is also the feeling of the
rest of the club, we are a fleet that pays our dues and chops up the
race course, the real racers tolerate us.

I heard that members of the Sonar fleet were upset about the call to action
(that one of our fleet members put out) to get others involved in the Star
of the North Regatta.  Evidently it is not "our" place to participate in
the planning and preparation of our own regatta. As I recall it was
our event before we invited other, we had great events before merging and
last year without the Sonars.  Anyone who heard about this and did not
stand up for our fleet member shame on you.

We have had great joint events in the past and I hope we can in years to
come.  But the Capri's have to be involved in the planning and the work or
it will no longer be our event.  If we let the dedicated members of the
Sonar fleet do all the heavy lifting, what can we expect?

This is an anonymous email because those who know me already know who wrote
this, you are the only opinions I care about and would expect nothing less.

The goal of the this email is to make the fleet aware of
the consequences of our apathy and shed light on a wrong that was done to a
person.  If we want to be a great feet, act like it.

To be a great fleet we need to:

   1. Be involved in the running of the club and events
   2. Fight for our right to be on the race course
   3. Stand up for members that a wrong is done to.

If all we do is pay our dues and show up, is the rest of the
club's opinion of use far off?