[Capri25] Capri 25 Summer Solstice Raft-Up on Thursday after the race.

John Speltz johnspeltz at comcast.net
Sun Jun 17 20:12:40 CDT 2012

 <http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Ra_Barque.jpg> File:Ra
Barque.jpg

Announcing the Capri 25 Summer Solstice Raft-Up on Thursday June 21st after
the race.

Let's face it -- those crazy Mayans could be right.

Join the Capri Fleet as we celebrate what could be the last summer solstice
before the world ends. The countdown has begun.only 183 days til the winter
solstice and the end of the world as the Mayans know it!

We will appeal to the Aztec sun god Huitzilopochtli for mercy by performing
a summer solstice ritual on the water. Your participation is required.
Although sacrifices to ensure the sun's survival are in order, there will
not be a virgin sacrifice, for obvious reasons.

To make worshiping your false solar deity more convenient, a shuttle boat
will transport sun-worshippers between C Dock and the raft island. You will
be greeted by lesser gods bearing gifts upon your arrival. Once your
sacrifice is complete, you may return to land. Be prepared to please the
lower powers by bringing food to share. You may drink at will, or until you
run out, whatever comes first.

Do not miss out on this once in the life of the world opportunity.

Disclaimer: OK Craiggae, we know the solstice is on Wednesday, but we don't
sail on Wednesday. In addition, the Capri Social Committee understands that
any reference to polytheistic gods is solely for marketing purposes, we
don't want to anger these guys, alright.