[Capri25] Weight of a 1980 Capri 25, hull #50

Patrick Nowak pnowak342 at att.net
Sat Nov 24 12:10:31 CST 2012

Could you tell me what the weight of a typical 1980 Capri 25 is, including the ballast?

I'm trying to sell mine and a potential buyer is concerned it might weigh too much for his Toyota Forerunner to tow.  He thinks it weighs 2940 lbs.  I thought these boats were closer to 2500 lbs.  Please advise.

Incidentally mine is available for $12,700 with a new Elliot/Pattison main and a nearly new Doyle mylar 155 plus other sails in good shape such as a W. Lee 155 genoa and a spinnaker.

Thanks.

Pat Nowak
Holland, MI

616-403-3896