[Capri25] fleet meeting food, beverage, parking (re-send)

Darin Busch darinbusch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:32:18 CST 2013

I'm attempting a re-send to the list; my first attempt seemed to be
rejected quickly.  Darin.

Greetings Capri25 junkies:

Please respond to me only (darinbusch at gmail.com) on what you plan to bring
for food OR beverage category.  I will collect responses and send a message
Saturday morning to let you know where things are at.  Note below what is
already committed to the meeting.

WHEN:  as early as 6:00 to settle in, eat and drink, etc.   I’d like to
help John get the meeting going almost on time at 7:00.

 ADDRESS:  5360 Vine Hill Road, Shorewood.

There seemed to be plenty of food two years ago when Sandy and I hosted, so
if almost a third of us bring beverage to share then we should be fine.

Food category, like meatballs, cheese, salad, veggie, chips/crackers, etc.

Beverage ideas:

-          6 or 12 pack of beer (dark, ale, medium)  NOTE:  Captain John is
bringing about 36 of the “fleet’s beer” that is of the lighter variety

-          A bottle from the four basic booze groups (rum, vodka, gin,
whisky)

-          Bottle of white, bottle of red (Billy Joel won’t be here)

-          Mixers not already covered below (tonic, punch, bloody mary
fixins, other soda)

Sandy and I are providing:

-          Chipotle chicken (shredded, sandwich)

-          Sichuan green beans

-          Homemade pickles

-          Plates, napkins, utensils

-          10 pounds of ice for drinks

-          Mixers / soda:  7-up, diet cherry coke, regular and diet
coke/pepsi

-          Lemon and lime slices

PARKING:  we can take about the first 5-6 cars in front of the garage and
around the side, with maybe 1-2 double-parkers.  The driveway access to the
back needs to remain open (shared driveway with a neighbor).

Vine Hill Road should be good for parking; the snow banks are almost gone.  Try
to almost clear the white line—it’s a through street, though the police
have always been lenient.

Darin