[Capri25] Capri25 Rumble in 2 weeks

Temple Blackwood temple.blackwood at infor.com
Sun Jun 2 19:56:10 CDT 2013

There has been some miscommunication about the Rumbles.
We have switched our Rumbles with the J-22 fleet. The Google calendar has the correct dates, but the spreadsheet and pdf versions of the calendar still have the old dates.

Our first Rumble will be in 2 weeks, on June 16.
Then July 21.
Then August 18 (same day as the Capri dock party).

First warning gun will be at noon. The warning for the final race will be before 3:00.

Each day of Rumble will be its own standalone regatta. It will count as one race for participation points. It does not count towards Boat of the Year, and it does not count towards the Champ series. Throwouts will be based on the number of races run, as listed in WYC sailing instructions.

The Rumbles have been a lot of fun in the past and I hope they will be even better with a longer time-slot. There is a lot of close boat work in these short races, and there will likely be some yelling and some fouls. Please, try to keep it clean and friendly. As much as possible, try to sort out issues immediately on the race course. It will be very difficult for people to have a clear memory of which boats were where and who said what in the second race after we have all done 5 more races. If you are unable to determine who is at fault, then be sure to write down details of the incident (even though you're still in the middle of a busy race).

Temple Blackwood - Systems Configuration Engineer
office: 651-767-4063 | mobile: 651-894-3683 | home: 651-699-0598
temple.blackwood at infor.com  |  http://www.infor.com