[Capri25] WYC - Wine on Wayzata Bay Fleet Challenge/Competition!

Lynne Roubal lroubal at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 10:38:55 CDT 2013

Hello WYC Member,

As you hopefully know, the 6th annual Wine on Wayzata Bay event is coming up on Friday, June 28th.  It’s a fun filled evening, open to all, with 150 wines to sample, appetizers from great restaurants, live music, and a silent auction.  We even offer sailboat rides at sunset for some who have never stepped aboard.  This event is hosted by WYC as a fundraiser for the Wayzata Community Sailing Center to run various outreach programs, offer scholarships and continue to run great programs for everyone in the community who is interested in sailing.  Check out www.wineonwayzatabay.com  While visiting the website, don't forget to purchase your tickets for the event!

To help make this a successful event, the Fundraising Committee is seeking donations for the silent auction.   We would like to challenge each of our WYC fleets to put together a fun, themed basket for the auction!  Some ideas for themes might be:  camping, grilling, shopping (gift cards), date night (use your imagination, road trips, and game night.  Be creative!  If you, or someone in your fleet, could reach out to each boat in your fleet and ask them to donate one or two new items related to your chosen theme, a wonderful basket could be created at little cost to each boat.   Once items are collected, if you would like us to put the basket together, no problem!  Just contact Alison (akubisiak at gmail.com) or Lynne (lroubal at comcast.net) and we will be happy to pick up your donation and put it together in a basket for you.
The fleet that donates the basket that brings in the highest bid will be the lucky recipient of a handle (1.75 liter) of rum and punch.  Sounds like it could be the start of a fun party!

Also, in addition to the Silent Auction, another way to donate to this great fundraiser is by being a sponsor.  Anyone can easily sponsor the event at the $50 “Rail Meat” sponsorship level.  The generous sponsor at this level will receive the highly prized and coveted “Rail Meat” pin to proudly wear showing their support.  What sailor wouldn’t want this pin?  Sponsor online at http://www.wineonwayzatabay.com/Sponsor.aspx, or buy a button after races.

Please support the future of the sport of sailing in our community by donating your fleet’s themed basket to the silent auction by June 21st.
Appreciatively,

Barbara Speltz, Co-Chair,
Carmella Foster, Co-Chair,
and the WOWB Fundraising Committee!