[Capri25] Action Capri

John Speltz johnspeltz at comcast.net
Wed Oct 2 09:03:31 CDT 2013

Dear Capri 25 Fleet,

I am interested in forming a three member panel that would work with the
Capri 25 fleet to organize the purchase/sale of critical Capri 25 parts,
e.g. masts and pulpits.

It is my hope that the three member panel would work to:

*       First, work quickly to monetize the potential freight savings
associated with the fact that two boats (Wahoo, Molly Busses) are in the
process of shipping masts to Minneapolis.  As a fleet, we could capitalize
on the fixed freight costs associated with this sad situation.  This has
been talked about before, now is the time to make this happen.

*       Second, to set up strict long-term criteria that would guild the
purchasing of critical parts so the fleet is not saddled with a silly pile
of parts or driven politically to buy things that don't help the fleet in
total.

*       Third,  we could build a data inventory of names/numbers of part
manufacturers and dealers that boat owners could use to get critical parts
on their own.  In this way, we could build a cadre of parts suppliers that
could help the boats down the line.

If you are interested in helping execute this initiative, I want to hear
from you.  After we get our three ACTION CAPRI  members, we can work with
our Fleet Captain and make this happen.

Sincerely,

John Speltz