[Capri25] Bob Slocum Memorial Family Regatta and Picnic happens Saturday June 20

Brad Anderson aqualines at q.com
Tue Jun 9 17:50:52 CDT 2015

The Bob Slocum Memorial Family Regatta and Picnic happens Saturday June 20!

We're expecting excellent weather and a great day! Please bring your boat, plus some kids and novice sailors. We’re reaching out to sailing school families and community members as well, so will have some kids and families who need to get on a boat!

This year's event will be a little different than last year's.

1. By popular demand, there's no pre-registration (yay....); instead we'll have a fun way to match up boats and sailors on the day of the event.

2. This will be an afternoon event.

Things will kick off with registration/picnic at 11:45 - noonish, with fishing and games for the kids. The race in Wayzata Bay will happen around 1 or 1:30 depending on how registration goes. After the race, we'll come in for soft drinks and a brief trophy ceremony, then head home for a nap!

We've made a new Eventbrite site that you can use to sign up, see below. (As I mentioned, there's no pre-registration, but if you use the sign-up, I'll be send you updates and let you know about any changes to the schedule.)

If you'd be willing to bring your boat or volunteer, be sure to let me know--we could especially use help with registration and with serving lunch and the sundae bar! I know the Capri 25s will be helping with the High School regatta in the morning— we are looking forward to help from other fleets to pick up any slack!

Sincerely,

Heather Fraser

Jonathan McDonagh

Bert Foster