[Capri25] Smoozability Award Year 2016

doug at molgren.com doug at molgren.com
Tue Oct 18 11:39:12 CDT 2016

I dont think we should have multiple winners.  Dont recall voting on...and lots of candidates.
Renee Vetsch for her volunteer work.

Doug DickersonDoug at Molgren.com-------- Original message --------From: "Carmen "CC" Velarde via Capri25" <capri25 at lists.wyc.org> Date: 10/17/2016  9:24 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: WYC List Serve Capri 25 <capri25 at lists.wyc.org> Subject: [Capri25] Smoozability Award Year 2016

Hello
Everyone!!

It’s that
time of to think about all those in the Capri fleet that you feel demonstrated
the qualities of the ideal Smoozability Award winner.

As you think
of your nomination please remember that the criteria should be the following:

·
Greatest
passion for the Capri Fleet and the sailing sport

·
Positive
demeanor who is fun to sail/party with

·
Outstanding
volunteer/involvement to the fleet and the club

·
worthy representative of the Capri Fleet culture

Nomination and voting is open to any member in
good standing of WYC who owns a Capri 25 or regularly crews on a Capri 25. Each
owner or crew member is allowed one nomination and one vote.

As of March of 2016, Schmoozability award can be won multiple times
with exceptions.  A previous winner can
be nominated who has not won for two years.

FOR EXAMPLE: If Jane Smith won the year before last
she is NOT eligible for nomination BUT if she won three years ago then she
is eligible for nomination to win this year.

Those who
lease or own a share in a boat are not eligible to be nominated. Award winners must be a paid Crew Member in
the WYC log unless the Fleet Captain makes an exception due to extenuating
circumstances.

Previous Winners:

1997 Dick
Hanson

1998 Todd & Brenda Barkus

1999 Craiggae Smith

2000 Rebecca Hill

2001 Karen Onan Virga

2002 Beth Frampton

2003 Nils Brennom

2004 Craig Sanderson "Kiwi"

2005 Belinda "Barnie" Barnes

2006 Doug Dickerson

2007 Andy Spece-Parsons

2008 Kathie Wright

2009 Rudy Rudenberg

2010 Darin Busch

2011 Carmen “CC” Velarde

2012 James Schwinghammer

2013 Teri
Ross

2014 Gary
Valentini

2015 Bethany
Buchanan

  Please submit your nominations by 5:00pm October 20th  to me by simply replying to this email ( navytartan at yahoo.com ). Thank you
and I look forward to collecting you nominations.

CC