[Capri25] WYC Status Update

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Fri May 1 12:57:12 CDT 2020

I’m sure we were all disappointed, although not surprised, the Governor extended the stay-at-home order until Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm.  This obviously impacts the start of our season, including the season opener originally scheduled for next Thursday 5/07, as racing is expressly prohibited.

The docks remain open for members to moor their boats to use with members of their household.  A group of board members met last night to develop a strategy to enable households to safely use the crane and gin pole to launch their boats and step their masts. Expect this to be available in time for NEXT weekend, assuming the supplies to sanitize the equipment and common touch points arrive by then, and baring any unforeseen circumstances. The club building, patio, and grills remain closed.

Other make ready activities are continuing including; the replacement for Juris, the acquisition of a temporary committee boat, and completion of the bylaws.  Additionally the Tuesday classes are now being conducted via ZOOM.  Look out for a invite to upcoming events.

In the meantime, stay safe, stay home, stay sane.

Regards, Andy

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore | Wayzata Yacht Club
commodore at wyc.org