[Capri25] course changes - J70 & Capri

Hermann Klaas hermannklaas at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 13:04:53 CDT 2021

All Capri 25 sailors,

Due to feedback received from some of you re: the new F mark, Terry is instructing the RC to not use this optional F mark starting with tomorrow's race. Instead, the J70 and Capri25 fleets will round through a common gate. This is being done in an effort to minimize conflicts at the current L mark, and ensure more J70's stay in front of our fleet by keeping the course lengths the same. Things may change again, depending on how well this works (or not). Because the F mark is "optional", it may be reintroduced as needed or desired at a later time.

Regardless, please pay attention to all VHF hails by the RC tomorrow evening, as they make the official call on the water. My message above is just a courtesy 'heads up' of planned changes.

Thanks,
Hermann