[Ensign] Fw: [Sonar] LOWISA Registration and Event Information

Carmella Foster carmella.foster at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 15:23:58 CDT 2021

 For anyone considering attending LOWISA this year:
   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: LOWISA Regatta via Sonar <sonar at lists.wyc.org>Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 01:46:02 PM CDTSubject: [Sonar] LOWISA Registration and Event Information

Dear LOWISA 55 Faithful,

First of all, thank you for your patience. I’m writing to you today with GREAT NEWS that our event registration for LOWISA 55 is now LIVE. Please register here: LOWISA 55 REGISTRATION

As organizers of this event, we have decided to stick with our proven formula of charging each racing boat a race registration fee of $200/boat which covers the many costs of running this regatta. To sweeten the deal, each boat registration comes with a complimentary branded Kleen Kanteen party mug! Please note that cruisers do not have to pay this fee.

Additionally, each adult participant of the regatta will need to purchase a social event bracelet ($100 for the full week). This bracelet includes two dinners at the Buena Vista resort  (August 3-4) and entry into all of our legendary COVID-19 friendly parties. Children's bracelets are also available ($50 CAD for the full week) and an adult half-week bracelet is available for adults who will only be participating from Saturday - Tuesday or Wednesday - Saturday), this bracelet includes one meal at Buena Vista Lodge and access to parties for half the week. Extra bracelets can be purchased on our shopify site.

Other points of interest for the week ahead:

   - We will be running the Martha Stewart cooking contest on Thursday August 4   th while anchored in Redwater Bay (Note: it was previously announced as McPherson but had to be amended to reduce race length). Show us how great you can cook deep into the regatta. Prizes will be awarded for the best creations.
   - The cocktail contest will occur on the first night in Moore Bay. Judges/Members of the organizing committee will circulate throughout the anchorage to judge your entry. Prizes will be awarded to the best concoctions.
   - We know a few of you would like to join the regatta as crew on another boat. Please email availability to saillowisa at gmail.com and we will do our best to line something up. Anyone looking to arrange crew exchange at any point during the Regatta should also let us know and we will do our best to help you out.
   - We are still finalizing the route and will circulate a digital copy of the race instructions to you next Wednesday July 28th (no hard copies will be provided)
   - The Slam Dunks band has been confirmed to perform outdoors on August 4   th at the Buena Vista resort. Bring your dancing shoes!
   - Many thanks to Brazen Hall, Delta 9, Nautical Coffee, Northern Harbour, North Sails, Canada Games Legacy Trust Fund and Sail MB for their never-ending support of this regatta.
   - Many thanks to Zack Goodz for providing our amazing trophies! Can’t wait until you can see them in person, they are gorgeous.
   - LOWISA 55 merchandise is still posted on our Shopify, plan for pickup at Northern Yacht Club on July 31st. We're running low on a few items so act quick before it is all gone.
   - Drew Mitchell from North Sails has agreed to do a webinar on July 27   th at 7:30 CST on the intricacies of Pursuit Racing. Tune in for a head start on your competitors and register here: North Sails Webinar
   - Note that the race will finish on Saturday Aug 7th with our last race (race 6) which will be to Pine Portage Bay; an outdoor awards ceremony at Northern Yacht Club will follow

So there you have it, hoping to see you out as we get the ball rolling on yet another fantastic regatta. Any questions or concerns can be forwarded to us at sailowisa at gmail.com. We will do our best to address each one as they roll in. That’s it for now, register as soon as you can to give us the best idea of what size of fleet we are dealing with.

See you at the start,

JW

Commodore 55

--