[Ensign] WYC 2021 Awards

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 17:48:39 CDT 2021

Good day WYC members and friends,

As the season draws to a close, it is time to celebrate all that has been accomplished on and off the water this season.

Under normal circumstances, we’d be celebrating together at the awards banquet. Of course, we all know these are far from normal times. The feedback from our fellow members was overwhelming in support for something other than a large in-person gathering this November. Accordingly, the BOD is planning the following:

Annual Meeting, via ZOOM, Thursday November 11th at 1900
Awards presentation, with online auction, via ZOOM on Saturday November 13th at 1900-2000
Spring Celebration, with both indoor and outdoor accommodation. Details to be announced.
2022 Awards Banquet at the DoubleTree Hotel on Saturday November 12th 2022.

Although we will not celebrate together in person this season, we’re working hard to have trophies and glassware available for collection at the club in the week prior to the 13th for those planning on hosting small crew gatherings. More details to follow.

As always, thank you for all you have done, and are doing, to keep our club vibrant, and our members and the wider community safe and healthy,

Regards,  Andy

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore | Wayzata Yacht Club
commodore at wyc.org <mailto:commodore at wyc.org>