[J22-Fleet 1]Combine Champ Series Scores

Lovald, Peter Peter.Lovald at mts.com
Thu Jun 19 13:23:10 CDT 2003

Hello Everybody,

Attached are the scores for the combined Champ series so far.  We have
completed 5 races so far.  However, the series has only 4 races scored due
to lack of wind last Sunday.  I apologize for not having posted the scores
on a weekly basis (technical problems).  I'll try to do better in the future
(besides Percy gets upset when Terry calls every half hour to ask for the
scores).  The scores are posted  on
http://www.wyc.org/j22/results/03-fleet1-champ.htm

Thorn's roar is greater than my thunder and he raised an important issue
last week that I would like to elaborate on.  Apart from having to follow
the Minnesota specific safety regulations we also have to follow the J22
class rules.  Attached is a list of equipment required to race the 22 as a
one design:

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT WHILE RACING

1	At least one fixed marine type compass of magnetic card or digital
type capable only of instantaneous 	readout.

2	One foghorn.

3	One water-resistant flashlight with spare batteries and bulb.

4	Life jackets or buoyancy aids for each member of the crew as
required by local regulations.

5	One marine first-aid kit and manual.

6	One paddle not less than 1200mm in length.

7	One manual bilge pump and a 10 liter capacity bucket with lanyard.

8	One anchor with or without chain of combined minimum weight of 5kg
with 30m of non-floating warp having a 	minimum diameter of 8mm. When
carried, the anchor, chain and warp shall be secured together ready for
use and shall not be stowed on or under the cabin sole over the ballast
keel. The minimum weight of the 	anchor shall be 3 kg and the maximum
weight of the chain shall not exceed 4kg.

9	Code Flag B and copy of the current Racing Rules as issued by the
National Sailing Authority.

10	Safety equipment prescribed by local race management not otherwise
included herein . . . such as flares, 	etc.

11	All yachts shall carry two fenders of not less than 152mm (6") in
diameter and not less than 406mm (16") in 	length or two spherical
fenders not less than 240mm (9.5") in diameter.

Technically anybody can protest you if you don't have the necessary
equipment onboard and I definitely don't encourage that.  However, I do
encourage everybody to make sure they have their safety equipment (J22 rule
mandated and MN specific) in order and onboard the boat.

See you on Thursday,

Jappa