[J22-Fleet 1]Absolut Dave Cool Icebreaker Regatta 2003

Lovald, Peter Peter.Lovald at mts.com
Thu May 1 16:53:59 CDT 2003

Hello fellow J22 sailors,

Only two days to the "must not miss" event of the year for J22's on lake
Minnetonka - the Cool Icebreaker.  I know it is going to be a great turnout
this year!  21 boats are confirmed so far according to my latest count.
Even Kevin hauled 114 out from behind my garage and is threatening to come
back with a vengeance.  If you haven't gotten the boat out of storage or the
tarp off yet, tonight is the night to do it.  We have the traditional launch
at Carsons Bay all day tomorrow (Friday) - BE THERE (It's cheap too, $25).
Let me know if you need any help getting the boat there, rigged, etc.?
We'll be at hand all day!

Don't forget about the festivities, John and Terry has gone all out to
provide a great party!  We start off Saturday evening with beer, brats and
Assorted ABSOLUT VODKA drinks at the WYC clubhouse.    Then, if that is not
enough, The Hoveys are hosting a post-party at their house.  We'll haul the
remainders of the refreshments over there around 7 or 8 for live music and
"good times"!

There has been some confusion about registration deadlines.  To clarify:
You can register on Friday at MYC in Carsons Bay all day and at WYC on
Saturday morning from 7:30 AM until the skippers meeting.  Remember:  ALL
CREW MUST WEIGH IN!  Weight limit 605 lbs.

For all you crew with deadbeat skippers who are not going to race - There
are a few boats still in need of crew.  Please let me know!!!!!  Call me on
my cell phone (612) 803-3490.

See you on the lake or by the crane,

Jappa