[J22-Fleet 1]J-22 NA's

Joe T Turner thorn_turner at uhc.com
Fri Jun 4 16:14:21 CDT 2004

Hey gang,

Over the last several weeks there have been some informal discussions regarding our hosting the 2006 North Americans.  It is currently
slated for the midwest but has not been awarded.  Much of this has been of the lies-told-over-drinks variety, but I've since drafted a proposal
that we hope to take to the WYC Board soon.

Having been lucky enough to go to both Youngstown and Annapolis the last two years, I've seen some truly world class events.  I know
this is something we can do, but it takes a lot of support from a lot of people to do it right.

So - what I would like to get a feel for is IS THIS SOMETHING THE FLEET WOULD LIKE TO DO, and WOULD YOU PERSONALLY
BE WILLING TO HELP PLAN AND RUN IT?

Please let me know either way, even if the answer is no (or worse).  If the commitment isn't there it's easy at this point to walk away.
This is a long way off and a lot can change so no commitments (yet), just trying to guage interest level.  I personally think
it would be a lot of fun, that we could knock it out of the park, and that it beats the hell out of driving to the east coast!

Once again, this is a FLEET level discussion at this point; we do NOT yet have approval from WYC, but making that request is
probably the next step - once we get inputs from each of you.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts / comments.

Thanks -

Thorn