[J22-Fleet 1]ADA Regatta July 24-25

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu Jun 17 17:44:26 CDT 2004

J22 Sailors!

The ADA regatta is near on the horizon. This year you will see a greater emphasis on individual fund raising from each boat, and I'm here to encourage you to raise funds for your boat.

There will be prizes for each fleet and each boat to see how much money can be raised. If we raise as little at $75 per sailor on the boat, we should reach our fleet goal. But the goal set forth was really pretty lame. Sailors at REAL YACHT CLUBS have been know to raises tens of thousands of dollars per boat. So don't lame out on us, let's put a little effort into this and see what we can accomplish.

Prove you're a real sailor and figure out how to raise some serious funds for the ADA.

To get started. Here are a few suggestions....
- Pick your crew now, and pick them based on who's willing to raise funds. If it's your neighbor who can't sail, fine. Your rich uncle who needs a tax write-off, great.
- Give your crew members fund raising pamphlets to help them hit up the usual assortment of neighbors, family, friends, and co-workers. This can be downloaded at http://www.wyc.org/ada.htm
- Register now so that we know you'll be competing. A registration form is also available at http://www.wyc.org/ada.htm
- Ask your employer (HR department) if they will match donations. This is common with large companies.
- Have a friend interested in being a corporate sponsor to the regatta. Yup, that HUGE donation will get credited to your boat. Contact Jenni Hargraves (e-mail address at http://www.wyc.org/ada.htm) to learn more about corporate sponsorship of the ADA.
- Even if you're not going to compete, you can still pay an entry fee and send in donations. It's not as fun, but it's better than nothing.

None of this is rocket science for smart sailors such as yourself. Call a couple friends or just hit up the people who hit you up for other sponsorships (except Blake).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me personally about anything related to the regatta.

Thanks,
dallas

Registration: http://www.wyc.org/ada-nor.pdf
Pledge Forms: http://www.wyc.org/ADA-pledge.pdf