[J22-Fleet 1]2006 NA's on Minnetonka

Joe T Turner thorn_turner at uhc.com
Mon Nov 8 18:30:03 CST 2004

Hello everyone,

It took a while to get the "official" word, but I'm proud to announce that Fleet
# 1 has been awarded the 2006 J-22 North Americans.  Thanks to Lars for making
our case to the national board and to all who participated in the bid and were
willing to help out - and yes, I did save the e-mails of all who responded and
agreed to help.

Congratulations also to regatta chairman Kevin Kenny (sorry, couldn't resist...)

Now the fun begins... I'd like to have a preliminary planning meeting before the
end of the year if possible, or early in January, in advance of the Fleet
meeting.  Feel free to send your thoughts now on planning, dates, etc. or refine
them over a couple of cocktails at the banquet.  Look forward to seeing everyone
then.

Thorn