[J22-Fleet 1]2004 J22 Western Great Lakes Districts Championship

Lovald, Peter Peter.Lovald at mts.com
Tue Sep 21 16:49:50 CDT 2004

Hello everybody (you too John Klick),

As if you were not sick and tired of racing by now.  No, No, other way
around!  Getting unnerved because the season is coming to an end and you
haven't gotten enough sailing in to last you over the hard water season.
Anyway, the end all to all angst is here - The Districts or the 2004 J22
Western Great Lakes Districts Championship to be exact is coming to your
yacht club the 2nd and the 3rd of October.  Fix that spinnaker halyard that
has been threatening to break all season, get that new foredecker lined up
and prepare for one last great weekend of J22 racing.  Talking about
foredeckers, use the listserver if you are in need of crew.  The earlier the
better!  Party and BBQ as usual (beer by the barrel of course) on Saturday
after racing, I even hear rumors of a masseuse!  It will be worth it to race
just for that!

Our friends from Kansas are planning to come up for the event as well as a
boat from Oklahoma.  It might be as many as 3 boats total and they need
housing.  Please let me know if you have room for a crew or two from Friday
night to Sunday morning!  My house is unfortunately not large enough for all
of them.

Dan Towey, who has finally sold his "tuna boat" (sorry Dan), is picking up a
J22 this weekend and is planning to sail the regatta.  Dan will be joining
the fleet for the rest of the season and for seasons to come so make sure
you give him and his crew a warm Fleet # 1 welcome (don't yell at him during
the first race)!

Attached is a link to the NOR for the regatta
http://www.wyc.org/j22/Districts.htm.  No need to mail me the registration
form even though some of you already have sent me last years (thank you
MWST, I appreciate the enthusiasm) - Bring it when you register!

See you on the water,

Jappa