[J22-Fleet 1]J22 USA CALENDAR

John Dyer dyer.john at slpschools.org
Sat Aug 27 15:09:18 CDT 2005

Hi Folks. Just a few questions...

I was checking the J22 USA home page and I don't see the Fleet #1 District
Champs listed on their September calendar. I'd be happy to send the info,
but perhaps someone else is responsible??

As far as the 2006 NA's are concerned, I don't know if there has been
discussion of the WYC 2006 schedule yet, but perhaps the *2006* Fleet #1
District Champs could be scheduled on Sept. 9 & 10. This might benefit the
NA's by drawing competitors to arrive early and be able to tune-up on
Minnetonka in anticipation of the event and be able to stay the extra few
days. It also might encourage local sailors to try and borrow a local boat
and use it as a tune up.

In line with that thought, perhaps a low key tune up regatta and clinic
could be held one or two days over Labor Day weekend for people like me that
will need all the help they can get. I'd be happy to coordinate it assuming
the local rock stars will share their knowledge. This might also encourage
more locals to borrow J22's.

All the best.

John Dyer
#963, #931 & any other boat I can make go slow.