[J22-Fleet 1]J22 USA CALENDAR

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 17:11:28 CDT 2005

John brought up some great points and there are a few others we should discuss as well.

I'd like to have a general North Americans update meeting during the upcoming Districts after the racing on Saturday.  It's the best (only) time to get the Fleet together.  Things to cover include:

   General regatta planning update - we have been working on sponsorship over the summer and have key committee chairs in place.  I hope we will have a general plan to present or hand out and I'd like to get additional people involved in the various areas.
   Meeting schedule over the fall / winter
   Timing / duration of the regatta; should we schedule three days of racing or four, when to begin (Tuesday or Wednesday), etc.  Pros and cons to both formats, would appreciate your input.
   Reciprocal help - we assist the 24 or Capri fleets with their events, the MYC E Fleet with Nationals, etc.  in return for their help during our event.
   2006 Districts, clinics, etc. - MYC will have the lake through noon that Saturday for the E Nationals.  A one day Districts might make more sense given the intense week following, and would allow off-lake participants to arrive on Saturday.  A pre-event clinic would be great as well, as would a guest rock star at our winter meeting or the Cool Cup (or both).

Anything else we need to discuss, please let me know.

Thorn